- easi-edge™ timber is produced exclusively from 70% FSC certified timber. The mark of sustainable forestry.
- easi-edge™ joists are uniform with a smoother surface aiding construction and handling.
- Shrinkage and its associated problems are substantially reduced
- Dimensional variability is reduced at point of production, complying with the tolerances in BS EN 336
- Individual pieces carry strength grading stamp and FSC assurance mark
- High strength to weight ratio
- Rounded edges for ease of use.
- A cost effective construction material.
- Pressure treated easi-edge™ is very cost effective when balanced against the potential expense that could be incurred in future remedial treatments and refurbishments.
- easi-edge™ is treated with the green treatment Tanalith E and is a high pressure preservative that extends the service life of your projects.
- Imported carcassing is PEFC certified, not FSC, which will be supplied in all lengths above 4.8m.
** PLEASE NOTE** Any requirement for certified FSC or PEFC carcassing must be clearly stated at the time of order and written confirmation sent.
easi-edge™ Joists are produced from carefully selected certified logs, once milled selected joists are kilned in high performance kilns. Moisture content is constantly monitored and carefully reduced over a period of 4 to 5 days.
This process reduces the moisture content to around 20%, joists are allowed to cure for a further 24 hours before further processing.
Trained grading operators then visually assess each piece of timber, timber meeting the strict quality requirements is then machine strength graded to BS EN 14081 C16 grade and planed all round resulting in our distinctive easi-edge™ look. The grading process is independently audited to ensure high customer confidence in our product.